Behold: an online panel just for UNNAMED members! We’ll chat about why you should consider applying to arts residencies and workshops as a comics artist or illustrator, and try to demystify the process of doing so.
Topics to be discussed include:
– different types of residencies out there, and how they fulfill different needs
– how do you find residencies and workshops?
– how do you apply for residencies and workshops? what do you put in a portfolio/ bio/ CV/ project description?
– what about funding? What other sources of funding are out there?
– how can comics artists and illustrators benefit from residencies and workshops?
– what art residencies/workshops generally expect from their resident artists/workshop participants
Come along and ask your questions! It will be informal and fun, but please RSVP only if you intend to come so that we have an idea of how many people to expect.
Charis Loke – Southeast Asian Arts Residency at Rimbun Dahan, Light Grey Art Lab Iceland Residency, Illustration Master Class
Max Loh – Comic Arts Workshop (Jogjakarta Edition, 2017)
Reimena Yee – Aspiring residency applicant
Nadhir Nor – Southeast Asian Arts Residency at Rimbun Dahan, former arts manager at Rimbun Dahan
Weekend Comics Workshop