Behold: an online panel just for UNNAMED members! We’ll chat about why you should consider applying to arts residencies and workshops as a comics artist or illustrator, and try to demystify the process of doing so.
Topics to be discussed include:
– different types of residencies out there, and how they fulfill different needs
– how do you find residencies and workshops?
– how do you apply for residencies and workshops? what do you put in a portfolio/ bio/ CV/ project description?
– what about funding? What other sources of funding are out there?
– how can comics artists and illustrators benefit from residencies and workshops?
– what art residencies/workshops generally expect from their resident artists/workshop participants
Charis Loke – Southeast Asian Arts Residency at Rimbun Dahan, Light Grey Art Lab Iceland Residency, Illustration Master Class
Max Loh – Comic Arts Workshop (Jogjakarta Edition, 2017)
Reimena Yee – Aspiring residency applicant
Nadhir Nor – Southeast Asian Arts Residency at Rimbun Dahan, former arts manager at Rimbun Dahan